A lady my mom trusted, mom passed 2018, to date no payments. How do I get land back?

I just would like to get my land back now. No improvements, it’s basically abandoned. What can I do to get title into my name?


The debt owed to your mother is now owned by your mother’s estate. You will need to consult with a Florida litigation attorney. (I am assuming it was Florida land.) You may have to open a probate for your mother to file the lawsuit. Hopefully your mother had the agreement in writing. Also, be aware of the statute of limitations. If you wait too long, you will be barred from bringing a lawsuit.

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on LinkedIn

Legal Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. A lawyer experienced in the subject area and licensed to practice in the jurisdiction should be consulted for legal advice.

Beliveau Law Group: Massachusetts | Florida | New Hampshire

The estate administration and estate planning attorneys at the Beliveau Law Group provide legal services for estate planning, probate, estate administration, and trust administration. The law firm has offices and attorneys in Naples, Florida; Waltham, Massachusetts; and Salem, New Hampshire.

Email us now
close slider