How do I find my father’s trust dated 1969 that is the beneficiary of a term life policy?

My father passed away recently. Most of his estate is under a trust that we know about. However, there is a term life policy he owned that has as its beneficiary a trust in my father’s name, under indenture, dated 1969. My mother and their current estate lawyer have no clue about this trust or even where to find the original policy contract. Is there any way to locate a copy of this trust somewhere online or with the state of Massachusetts where they reside?


No, there is no common clearing house for trusts. The attorney will probably end up having to go to court to get instructions.

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on LinkedIn

Legal Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. A lawyer experienced in the subject area and licensed to practice in the jurisdiction should be consulted for legal advice.

Beliveau Law Group: Massachusetts | Florida | New Hampshire

The estate administration and estate planning attorneys at the Beliveau Law Group provide legal services for estate planning, probate, estate administration, and trust administration. The law firm has offices and attorneys in Naples, Florida; Waltham, Massachusetts; and Salem, New Hampshire.

Email us now
close slider