How do we legally change a Power of Attorney and Health Care Proxy?


We want to designate a different person to execute our money and carry out our health wishes.


You will need to execute a new Durable Power of Attorney and a new Health Care Proxy. You will also need to notify in writing the person whom you replaced that he/she is no longer your fiduciary and any copy of the old documents are no longer valid.

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on LinkedIn

Legal Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. A lawyer experienced in the subject area and licensed to practice in the jurisdiction should be consulted for legal advice.

Beliveau Law Group: Massachusetts | Florida | New Hampshire

The estate planning attorneys at the Beliveau Law Group provide legal services for estate and asset protection planning. The law firm has offices and attorneys in Naples, Florida; Waltham, Massachusetts; and Salem, New Hampshire.

Email us now
close slider