Can I get sued for moving out of my guardians house after being under guardianship for 18 years?


When I was 18 months old I was put under my grandparents care under guardianship and now that I am 18 some drama happened and my grandmother told me I have to live with my unfit mother or Oma, and my grandmother says she will take me to court if I try to move out with a friend of mine.


A guardianship ends when you turn 18 and you are considered to be an adult. You are free to go wherever you please.

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on LinkedIn

Legal Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. A lawyer experienced in the subject area and licensed to practice in the jurisdiction should be consulted for legal advice.

Beliveau Law Group: Massachusetts | Florida | New Hampshire

The family law attorneys at the Beliveau Law Group provide legal services for probate, estate administration, and trust administration. The law firm has offices and attorneys in Naples, Florida; Waltham, Massachusetts; and Salem, New Hampshire.

Email us now
close slider