Can I get some sort of custody for my newborn half sister?


My parents seperated when i was 7, im now 20. My dad and his wife are having a baby girl in a few weeks but with mines & dads wifes history… she is not allowing me nor my brother to be apart of our sisters life. both my brother and i want to be apart and active in her life, is there any sort of custody we can get without making the situation worse?


You have no rights to demand visitation or custody if the child’s parents are living and treat her well. Not allowing you in her life will not be considered abuse by the court system.

Legal Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. A lawyer experienced in the subject area and licensed to practice in the jurisdiction should be consulted for legal advice.

Beliveau Law Group: Massachusetts | Florida | New Hampshire

The probate litigation attorneys attorneys at the Beliveau Law Group provides legal services for probate, estate administration, and trust administration. The law firm has offices and attorneys in Naples, Florida; Waltham, Massachusetts; and Salem, New Hampshire.

Email us now
close slider