My grandmother would like to change her power of attorney. How can she do so?


My grandmother currently has a family friend designated as her POA. She would now like me to be her POA. How can we make this change?


All she has to do is execute a new power of attorney and notify the old agent that the old power of attorney was revoked. This is easily done through an attorney. The attorney will need to meet with your grandmother alone to determine her wishes and establish an attorney-client privilege.

Legal Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. A lawyer experienced in the subject area and licensed to practice in the jurisdiction should be consulted for legal advice.

Beliveau Law Group: Massachusetts | Florida | New Hampshire

The estate planning attorneys at the Beliveau Law Group provides legal services for estate and asset protection planning. The law firm has offices and attorneys in Naples, Florida; Waltham, Massachusetts; and Salem, New Hampshire.

Email us now
close slider