I may possibly need a group of several attorneys?


My sister & I inherited a house after our mother passed away (Ages 21 & 11) I am the younger sibling by 10 years difference & now that I am no longer a minor, my family (overseers of our mothers trust) inform me that I actually own significantly less of it than my sister. I know this cant be right & would greatly appreciate guidance on this matter.


You need to request an accounting of the trust assets from the trustee’s of your trust. This should be a detailed list of the income and expenses paid out of your share of the trust. The trustees should have been compiling this annually and providing it to your guardian. If the accounting does not answer your questions, you should proceed to hire an attorney.

Legal Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. A lawyer experienced in the subject area and licensed to practice in the jurisdiction should be consulted for legal advice.

Beliveau Law Group: Massachusetts | Florida | New Hampshire

The estate planning attorneys at the Beliveau Law Group provides legal services for estate and asset protection planning. The law firm has offices and attorneys in Naples, Florida; Boca Raton, Florida; Danvers, Massachusetts; Millbury, Massachusetts, Waltham, Massachusetts; and Salem, New Hampshire.

Email us now
close slider