It’s time to file various tax returns once again. If any of the following tax deadlines will apply to you, circle the dates on your 2012 calendar.
- January 17 – Due date for the fourth quarterly installment of 2011 estimated taxes for individuals unless you file your tax return and pay any taxes due by January 31.
- January 31 – Employers must furnish 2011 W-2 statements to employees. Payers must furnish payees with Form 1099s for various payments made. The deadline for providing Form 1099-B and consolidated statements to customers is February 15.
- January 31 – Employers must generally file annual federal unemployment tax returns.
- February 28 – Payers must file information returns, such as Form 1099s, with the IRS. This deadline is extended to April 2 for electronic filing.
- February 29 – Employers must send Form W-2 copies to the Social Security Administration. This deadline is extended to April 2 for electronic filing.
- March 1 – Farmers and fishermen who did not make 2011 estimated tax payments must file 2011 tax returns and pay taxes in full.
- April 17 – Individual income tax returns for 2011 are due.