Can I leave my house to my daughter alone if she is married?

I don’t want him to have any control.


You can deed it to her individually, but if he is a controlling person he could easily use pressure for her to put his name on the deed.   He could also divorce her and take half.  Leaving it in trust for her is the only way to completely safeguard the asset.

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on LinkedIn

Legal Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. A lawyer experienced in the subject area and licensed to practice in the jurisdiction should be consulted for legal advice.

Beliveau Law Group: Massachusetts | Florida | New Hampshire

The estate administration and estate planning attorneys at the Beliveau Law Group provide legal services for estate planning, probate, estate administration, and trust administration. The law firm has offices and attorneys in Naples, Florida; Waltham, Massachusetts; and Salem, New Hampshire.

Email us now
close slider