I don’t want to be the executor of my mothers will. How can I remove myself of this obligation.


I suffer from a lot of mental issues and cannot take the stress.


You do not have to accept the role of executor (aka personal representative). If your mother is alive, ask her to change her will and appoint someone else. If she has already passed, you will need to sign a document, a renunciation, where you decline to serve.

Legal Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. A lawyer experienced in the subject area and licensed to practice in the jurisdiction should be consulted for legal advice.

Beliveau Law Group: Massachusetts | Florida | New Hampshire

The estate administration attorneys at the Beliveau Law Group provide legal services for probate, estate administration, and trust administration. The law firm has offices and attorneys in Naples, Florida; Waltham, Massachusetts; and Salem, New Hampshire.

Email us now
close slider