My mother died so I was appointed the PR over the estate when I did the deed of distribution I did it in all Four heirs name


My brother has been told he has cancer so it was to my understanding that the estate would be left to the other three to keep things straight ; then after his sickness 2 heirs had words leaving their share to the youngest of their gran children is this possible ?


As personal representative, it is your responsibility to distribute the estate assets according to the terms of your mother’s heirs as named in her Will or according to the intestate statute if she didn’t have a Will. You have no authority to distribute property to anyone else other than the heirs. If you do, you will create a title problem. Your siblings can transfer their ownership of the property to whomever they wish after you deed the property to them.

Legal Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. A lawyer experienced in the subject area and licensed to practice in the jurisdiction should be consulted for legal advice.

Beliveau Law Group: Massachusetts | Florida | New Hampshire

The estate administration attorneys at the Beliveau Law Group provides legal services for probate, estate administration, and trust administration. The law firm has offices and attorneys in Naples, Florida; Waltham, Massachusetts; and Salem, New Hampshire.

Email us now
close slider