How to collect a debt on person who recently passed on?

Additional Information:

person died in July, 2010

Probate question from Holyoke, MA


If a probate estate has been opened for the decedent, you should file a claim against the probate estate as soon as possible. If a probate estate has not been opened for the decedent, you could petition the probate court to open a probate estate for the decedent as an interested party creditor.

The Beliveau Law Group: Massachusetts | Florida | New Hampshire

The attorneys at The Beliveau Law Group provides legal services for estate planning (wills and trusts), Medicaid (planning and applications), probate (estate and trust administration), business law (formation and operation), real estate (residential and commercial), taxation (federal and state), and civil litigation (in connection with these practice areas). The law firm has offices and attorneys in Naples, Florida, Waltham, Massachusetts, and Salem, New Hampshire.

Email us now
close slider