Civil Litigation Attorney, Waltham, Massachusetts
With the firm since May of 2009, Attorney Keleher works with clients to resolve legal disputes both in court as a civil litigator and also through collaborative law. In collaborative law, the parties, represented by attorneys, communicate and negotiate directly with each other, without court intervention, to achieve their objectives.
Attorney Keleher’s litigation and collaborative practice largely mirrors the transactional practice areas of the firm (trusts and estates, real estate, and business). In addition, Attorney Keleher practices in the areas of insurance coverage, employment, personal injury, and municipal law.
Representative accomplishments include the following:
- Drafted successful summary judgment brief to recover damages for insurer’s failure to pay, timely process, and investigate insured’s claims related to fire damage (awarded partial summary judgment in the amount of $230,000 with additional claims reserved for trial) (U.S. District Court).
- Assisted major Boston law firm in successfully defending at trial a nine million-dollar complex securities litigation case (Superior Court).
- Successfully negotiated agreement for judgment in the amount of $45,000 to recover assets that ex-spouse of client had failed to disclose during divorce proceeding (Probate and Family Court).
- Drafted summary judgment brief that succeeded in quieting title of client landowner against neighbor’s claim of adverse possession (Land Court).
- Through written opposition and oral argument, successfully opposed a motion to vacate default judgment in breach of contract case involving goods damaged in transit (District Court).
Attorney Keleher graduated from Swarthmore College with a B.A. in mathematics in 1993. He subsequently taught high school math in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He graduated cum laude from the University of New Mexico School of Law in 2001 before moving to Massachusetts in 2002. He is a certified mediator and trainer of mediators through the Harvard Mediation Program. He resides with his wife and children in Waltham.